Monday, March 11, 2019

Update

It has been a long time since I've done a blog. Last time I did one I was still in school at Penn State. A lot has changed and a lot of success and also fails. But whats life without fails? Nine years has gone by and I am still currently at Medinah Country Club now as the Course #3 Superintendent where the 2012 Ryder Cup was held successfully by the way and currently the 2019 BMW Championship this August. I got married in 2017, bought a house, and now just had my first baby boy a few days ago. Guess now I'm consider a family man. Very exciting/nerve racking and another adventure to start. I look back the last nine years and things are defiantly different for the good of course and just life in general. I work under a new Director of Agronomy at the club Steve Cook. All 3 golf courses have been renovated and property improvements have begun. The economy has changed drastically to the point where it is extremely difficult to fine help. Not like how it use to be where you have guys just walk up to the door and ask if were hiring or not. Wages are high everywhere where its hard to compete and guys are just not willing to work for low wage and to wake up at 4am at night to mow grass. To me where you have to wake up before five its still night.

No comments:

Post a Comment